WARNING: Formatting will erase all data on the device. Back up all your data before proceeding.
To format a device on your Mac OS X:
1. Double-click on Macintosh HD – or in the Finder menu click File > New Finder Window
2. Click the Applications folder – if using a Finder Window Applications will be in the left side menu.
3. Click the Utilities folder.
4. Double-click Disk Utility.
5. On the left side of the window are the drives connected to the computer. Select the capacity of the drive respective to the one containing the device you wish to format then click the Erase tab.
Example: If the drive is called “NO NAME”, directly above that, you should see the drive capacity of “XXXX”. Select this capacity.
6. Verify Volume Format is set to MS-DOS file system or exFAT, then click Erase.
NOTE: exFAT is used on SDXC card (64GB and higher).
NOTE: exFAT can be used on flash drives or memory cards to transfer files larger than 4GB.
NOTE: MAC OS 10.6.2 or higher is required for exFAT file system. Some older operating systems must have a patch installed before they can use the exFAT file system.